Recovery Community Centers
A Recovery Community Center (RCC) is a recovery oriented sanctuary anchored in the heart of the community.
It exists to put a face on recovery, to build recovery capital and to serve as a physical location where CCAR can organize the local recovery community’s ability to care. An RCC is not a treatment agency, it is not a 12 Step club, it is not a drop-in center although aspects of all of these are apparent.
- An RCC will deliver peer-to-peer recovery support services using its volunteer force as the deliverers of these services.
- An RCC is not a place for people to simply hang out, watch TV, play cards or pool and attend a daily meeting. We are not seeking to duplicate existing resources.
- An RCC will host specific social events.
- An RCC is not a drop-in center whose primary purpose is to refer and help people get into treatment.
Obviously, people in need of help will enter the RCC and we will do everything in our power to assist them. Our centers are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
RCC’s are places where the following recovery support services are offered:
- All-Recovery Meetings (ARM)
- Recovery Training Series
- Family Support Groups
- Recovery Coaching
- Recovery Social Events
- Telephone Recovery Support
CCAR has five Recovery Community Centers located in CT to serve you. Please click on a location below to learn more about that center.
Hartford Recovery Community Center
198 Wethersfield Ave.
Hartford, CT 06114
Manchester Recovery Community Center
102 Norman St.
Manchester, CT 06040
New Haven Recovery Community Center
1435 Chapel St.
New Haven, CT 06511
Bridgeport Recovery Community Center
430 State Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Willimantic Recovery Community Center
713 Main Street
Willimantic, CT 06226