Employment Opportunity with the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR)
Please Note: A cover letter is required. Resumes without cover letter will not be reviewed.
CCAR is looking for full-time Emergency Department (ED) Recovery Coaches to provide recovery
coaching services in hospital emergency departments in Connecticut. The ideal candidate will be
enthusiastic and passionate about working closely with people in recovery from alcohol and other
addictions, family members, friends and allies. CCAR offers a highly attractive compensation
package that includes competitive wages, benefits, paid holidays and vacation time. A valid
driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle required.
• Experience with the addiction recovery process.
• Understanding of medication-assisted recovery and practices.
• Familiarity with local support services, resources and recovery community.
• Capable of building an effective coach-recoveree relationship.
• Demonstrated skill in actively listening, asking good questions, awareness of self and
treating people as resources.
• Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries.
• Certificate of completion of the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© preferred.
• Certificate of completion of Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches© preferred.
• Certificate of completion of Spirituality for Recovery Coaches© preferred.
• Ability to work within a hospital setting.
• Availability to work different shifts as necessary.
• Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations.
• Exceptional computer skills including data entry and tracking.
• Bilingual abilities are a plus.
• A valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle required.
• Strong customer service ethic essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides recovery coaching primarily in hospital emergency rooms.
• Work closely with Emergency Department personnel and staff.
• Facilitate timely referrals and placements from hospital to treatment/recovery support
• Connect patients to a larger community of care.
• Follow up recovery coaching with ED recoverees as requested.
• Engage in recovery planning with recoveree.
• Educate and assist family members as requested.
• Serve as a recovery ambassador.
• Promote the message and services of CCAR.
• Participate in ongoing recovery coach training, education and performance support.
• Report writing, record keeping as required by CCAR and/or hospitals.
• Travel required.
• Other duties as required.
The ED Recovery Coach position is a full time (35 hour/week) position however applicant must have
the ability to work different shifts. A cover letter highlighting your interest and experience is
Submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or by fax 860-244-2228 or mail to
CCAR, Attn: Human Resources, 75 Charter Oak Avenue, Building 1, Suite 305, Hartford, CT 06106 by
Friday, March 9, 2018. EOE.
Please note: A cover letter is required. Resumes without cover letter will not be reviewed.